There are a lot of options on the market, yet a laptop backpack for women with some style to it isn’t as easy to find as you would think. Within this article, Julie Buckingham goes over 9 laptop backpack for women options that could be perfect for you.
Laptop Backpack For Women
As technology gets smaller and more lightweight so do the cases, bags, and backpacks we use to carry around our trusted devices. In just the last few years, laptops have made a significant change towards being sleeker with less wasted space, and have indeed become as convenient as carrying around a thin book. Of course, all that being said, you still need to keep your laptop safe from theft and getting damaged. While there are a lot of options on the market, a laptop backpack for women with some style to it isn’t as easy to find as you would think. It seems that most companies are still pushing the briefcase concept.
When I think of a briefcase, I think of a hard shell case like the one you would see in a spy movie where someone is transporting millions of dollars. The hero later uses the briefcase as a shield in a gunfight, or at some point throws the briefcase across the room knocking someone unconscious. I’m joking; of course, there are a lot of successful women who still use and carry around a briefcase, I just know that’s not the look I’m after.
Actually, now that I think of it, it wasn’t a look that my mother was after either. When I was a kid, my mom had this well-respected position where she managed and oversaw the success of twenty-plus stores at the airport. You know all those stores you pass on the way to your flight, or shop in while waiting for your trip? They’re usually all owned by one or two companies.
One Christmas, my brother and I went in on a leather briefcase. Laptops weren’t around back then, but I remember thinking I wanted to get something for my mom, who was a strong businesswoman. About a week after the holidays she confessed that she returned it as it just wasn’t her thing. She preferred carrying all her news and notes on her blackberry, or simply remembered info by memory.
What I’m Looking For
Living in the North West, which is typically raining most of the year, requires a different type of criteria when buying day to day travel accessories. I need a backpack that is waterproof and can hold a 15-inch laptop. I’m also tired of lugging around both my purse and a bag to hold my laptop, so I’m looking to merge the two. Ideally, I want something stylish enough that I can take this bag out to lunch and it doesn’t look like it has a laptop in it, yet professional enough for the office.
I spent a lot of time looking for the perfect backpack, and I can tell you there is a massive price jump for laptop backpacks for women through certain brands and outlets. For example, most of the stores I checked out at the local mall wanted at least $200 for a professional looking laptop backpack. I’m not going to throw any particular brand or website under the bus, but the markup was very obvious. The best deals I found were through Amazon. Not only was price very competitive, but shipping was almost always free.
The following are the best laptop backpacks for women that I found that I would highly recommend.
P.MAI 15-Inch Professional Leather Laptop Backpack for Women with Wristlet
Fits up to 15″ Laptop– 76 Reviews
This women’s backpack has a sleek structure and padded contoured straps for excellent support, perfect for a modern woman’s needs to tackle her day. Space has utilized effectively, minimizes item shuffling for better weight distribution and healthier posture. A command-center for our valuables, P.MAI backpacks are thoughtfully made with luxurious details, like calf leather and ultra-luxe nylon. They feature a laptop pocket (fits 15”), multiple interior organizer pockets, key hook, and a convenient new trolley strap to easily slip over your luggage. Also, the water bottle holder fits a wine bottle because #winenot.
The Cognac color is a new design. The Valletta Black, which is also featured in this article, has slight differences but has been one of the best laptop backpacks for women for the last 3 years.
All bags also include a matching wristlet help you stay organized and keep your phone, keys and wallet safe.
- Brand Name P.MAI
- Item Weight 3.1 pounds
- Product Dimensions 15.5 x 12.5 x 6 inches
- Color: Cognac, also available Valletta Navy and Valletta Black
- Material Type calf leather, nylon, leather
- Size 15 inches
- Manufacturer Part Number VAL-COG-NAV
UGRACE Slim Business Laptop Backpack
Fits up to 15.6″ laptop– 201 Reviews
If you’re looking for something simple, something short term that will help you carry around your laptop without all the flash and added extras, this UGRACE seems very popular. I’ve seen this style of laptop backpack for women on my commute in the mornings. The reviews of this backpack are good, perfect for a student.
- Six different color options.
- Crafted with lightweight tear resistant Oxford fabric and quilted polyester lining, simple, elegant and vintage casual daypacks.
- Total 5 compartments, 1 main pocket with large laptop sleeve fits up to 15.6″ laptop, clothes, books, purse, tablet and other daily needs.
- Vintage backpack with a natural manifestation of noble temperament, broad soft adjustable shoulder strap easy to carry with a perfect fit.
- It’s a perfect backpack for school, leisure, hiking, camping, trekking, air traveling, walking, outdoor sports, shopping, business trips, overnight stays.
Leather Laptop Backpack, Vaschy Casual Canvas
15.6-inch Laptop Compartment– 809 Amazon Reviews
I had considered this Vaschy Canvas laptop backpack but a girlfriend of mine had one almost exactly like it. She was the one that pointed me to Amazon after I was fed up with the prices and options at the mall. I still like the look of this bag, but I was worried about how it would hold up long term. It has a nice vintage look to it, but I was concerned about the long-term durability. I walk and take the train almost everywhere I go, and thought the rainy conditions I live in could fast-track the life expectancy of this back. This is just my personal take, it did have some excellent reviews on Amazon.
- Made of 100% cotton canvas which is soft, breathable, durable and shrink-resistant.
- This leather backpack has a main pocket covered by a leather flap which is concealed with two narrower leather straps for enhanced security and tight packing. Two interior pockets. It also has a padded compartment for a 15-inch laptop. The large central pocket has a heavy duty and smooth zipper. It has two side pockets for water bottles and a leather flap front pocket with magnetic closure.
- Compartments to store basic necessities such as keys, stationaries, calculator, cellphone, wallets, a 15-inch laptop, cameras, iPods, iPads, tablets, etc.
- One year warranty by Vaschy, it is a perfect backpack for tourism, hiking, short trips, mountaineering, vacations, camping, shopping and so on.
WIWU Multi Convertible Backpack
Fits up to 17.3 Inch Laptop– 419 Amazon Reviews
Despite what I had said about my own personal dislike for briefcases above, I thought some women (or men) would appreciate this convertible laptop backpack as it covers a few different options.
You can adjust this bag to fit your daily needs, whether it be commuting to and from work or carrying your laptop into a meeting or around the office. This is one of the more practical laptop bags on my list, however, it’s not the most stylish.
My goal, as I mentioned, is to eliminate my purse all together on work days. So I want something that carries and looks stylish out for lunch but is practical in the office setting.
- Padded Interior Compartment Protects Laptop.
- This college backpack with ergonomic adjustable straps is breathable and comfortable for a heavy load. It’s not too bulky, extra padding provides comfort so the straps don’t dig into your shoulders.
- Convertible hideaway straps: This bag is perfect for any occasion. It allows for a no-fuss conversion from briefcase to backpack at any moment. Three back compartments unzip to reveal straps & buckles, and with two quick snaps, it’s done.
- Waterproof Design: This computer backpack is made of durable terylene fabric. Smooth, flexible, portable, and easy to clean. You can take this notebook backpack to school, college, shopping, cycling, travel etc.
Duhud Shockproof Laptop Backpack
Great 14/15.6 inch laptops– 41 Amazon Reviews
This laptop backpack for women is a different style, and I’m including it because when I told a friend that I was writing this article she had mentioned that she liked this type of backpack as it allowed her the ability to feel the laptop on her back. It was a sense of comfort. I thought this was a strange comment, but my boyfriend says he understands. He says it’s like when he’s able to feel his wallet in his back pocket. He knows it’s there so he doesn’t panic that it’s missing. I guess it’s the same way some women clutch their purse. With this design, the back of the laptop actually rests right on your back, there is no special slot or compartment to put the computer in. It’s an interesting concept, got solid reviews on Amazon, and I thought some women would appreciate the design.
- Easy access laptop and iPad compartment separate from the roomy main compartment. Adjustable PC compartment suits your device better.
- Front organizational pocket for all of your writing pencils, keys etc. Two side compartments for an umbrella, oversize water bottle, or a change of clothes.
- Anti-Theft business rucksack, the hidden zipper and invisible pockets with headphone outlet located on the back keep the safety of your property and valuable items.
- Comfortable travel daypack, contoured shoulder straps with mesh fabric and adjustable side compression straps. Padded back panel with Airflow ventilation technology for added support and comfort.
- External USB with built-in charging cable, convenient to charge your phone, player, and other items without opening the backpack.
ECOSUSI Women Briefcase Laptop Backpack PU Leather Satchel Messenger Bag
Fits up to 14 Inch Laptops with Small Purse, Beige– 11 Amazon Reviews
This laptop backpack is very stylish. It has a clean, professional look and would go with just about any outfit. These were the types of backpacks I saw at some of the designer stores I checked out. The ECOSUSI backpack at Amazon was four times less than anything I saw at the designer stores and has free shipping to nearly all locations. However, I didn’t buy this one as my laptop is 15-inches. I was disappointed they didn’t make this bag to fit a bigger computer, as this backpack had a very classy clean look that I liked. The reviews for this laptop backpack for women are very good, and I loved the purse too.
- This messenger bag is made from soft PU leather, vintage bronze hardware and full polyester lining, which can fit up to a 14-inch laptop, Mac Book Pro, A+ paper and Ipad.
- Adjustable shoulder straps for various needs. Come with an extra small purse, which can hold small items like pens, pencil or toiletries.
- Large capacity: One large main compartment, one inside slip compartment, and one front pocket. This messenger bag is very durable and can hold all of your necessities for your everyday use.
- This bag has a stylish and classic look. Vintage gold-tone metal hardware makes you able to use this bag for many years to come.
Kate Spade Large Hilo Blake Avenue Laptop Backpack
Fits up to 14 Inch Laptops– 14 Amazon Reviews
This was the most expensive backpack I considered. I had seen this Kate Spade bag out when shopping and was impressed with the quality. I could tell this would be a bag I would use for years. Unfortunately, again this bag only fits a 14-inch laptop. I remember thinking to myself: maybe I should just get a smaller laptop – the bag was that nice – but then laughed and moved on with the search.
- Wrap around zip closure; Gold-toned hardware; Small handle with a drop of approx. 2 inches; Dual Siaffiano looks PVC backpack straps with adjustment to approx. 14 inch.
- Nylon bag with 2 front zip pockets and Kate Spade nameplate on front; Slip pocket on each side.
- Interior features open compartment with 2 slip pockets and 1 padded laptop compartment.
- Lined with Kate Spade signature fabric.
Knomo Mayfair Beauchamp 14
Fits up to 14 Inch Laptops– 16 Amazon Reviews
Same story different backpack, the Kate Spade bag only fits laptops that are 14-inches but I loved the look of this one. Very similar to Kate Spade backpack above but this model had a beautiful red inner lining. I was also very interested in the splash-resistant material, which they describe as “ideal for an unpredictable commute,” that’s pretty much the definition of the North West. I joked about getting a smaller laptop before, yet this bag actually had me considering it. This laptop backpack for women also had RFID blocking, which if you don’t know, is designed to help insulate you from a very particular brand of electronic pickpocketing, called RFID skimming.
- Padded laptop section: fits up to 14-inch laptop. Designated section means your laptop is easy to grab on the go and kept separate from your other possessions.
- Pocket with RFID blocking: essential for storing your phone, bank cards, and passport to ensure you’re not prone to identity theft.
- Full-grain leather touch points: for added comfort.
- One front pocket, with 2 zips for easy-access: the right-hand side has RFID lining, perfect for cards, passport, and phones.
Tumi Voyageur Calais Backpack
Fits 15-inch Laptop– 62 Amazon Reviews
The customer reviews were what attracted me to this backpack as it did fit most of my criteria, but there wasn’t a ton of product information. Luckily, I found a video on youtube.
- 100% Nylon.
- Zipper closure.
- 13″ shoulder drop.
- Streamlined backpack featuring interior laptop/organization pockets, front and side U-zip pockets, and phone pocket.
- Padded shoulder straps and leather top carry handle.
- Zippered main compartment features two open-top pouches and a padded laptop compartment. Laptop compartment can accommodate up to a 15-inch laptop.
P.MAI Premium Valletta Leather Laptop Backpack for Women
Fits 15-Inch Laptop and Notebook
I finally decided to go with the P.MAI Premium Valletta Leather Laptop Backpack. It has everything I need. I love the minimalist design yet professional high-quality look. This bag really is beautiful. The leather is soft and supple and doesn’t seem to easily scratch. The nylon parts of the bag actually exceeded my expectations in terms of quality, as it feels very sturdy, like luggage.
Everything from the shoulder straps to the actual size, every detail was designed with women in mind. This laptop backpack for women is not just clever marketing, it’s a well-thought-out work of art. The backpack features padded straps with a breathable air mesh material so you can move comfortably. Easily adjust the strap length with our golden buckle and webbing sliders.
- Item Weight: 3 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 12.5 x 6 x 15.5 inches
Check out the video for more details:
I hope this article on finding a good laptop backpack for women was helpful to you. I did so much research, I figured I might as well share some tips and advice. Happy shopping!